It was a mediocre day until I realized that Gold is now trading north of $860 an ounce. Which means that in the race between the yellow metal and Google...looks like Gold will be hitting the $1000 first. My portfolio couldn't be happier.
However, I am tempted to buy Google here in anticipation of a rally with about a $20 stop. Don't count them out just yet.
Because commodity prices will remain high in 2008, and you need to invest your weakening dollars from becoming worthless...you should own Gold. Not just because I begged and pleaded that you own it back in August at $630 an ounce...but because you deserve a nice suitable investment that pays 36% returns in 5 months, and an additional 16% retunr over the next 3-4 months.
Aside from my begging and pleading...you should have owned Gold at the very least for casual conversations with friends, relatives, business associates, co-workers, etc. When they asked you what you accomplished in 2007...I was hoping you would have been able to tell them that you became the proud owner of Gold.
While smiling over Gold prices, I also started reminiscing about great market calls, and there were none less talked about than the decay of Semiconductors. Click here for the last public reco...and pull up a chart of the SOX to compare.
Before I bow out today, here are a few predictions for 2008...
- You will make money
- Commodity prices will remain high
- You will lose money
- The housing market moderately rebounds (enough for real estate moguls to cash in on the demise of third tier real estate investors who got whacked with foreclosures and short sales)
- Gold prices see $1000 in the Spring
- Option Addict IPO's by the end of the first quarter
- Major Financials see a little upside
- Biotech offers major opportunities
- The market remains choppy
More predictions to come from the "Traderdamus" as they develop.
Response: 401k401k business solutions.